Lietz HSC is excited to announce Walkathon 2023!!!
The Lietz 2023 Walkathon date has changed and will now take place on Friday, October 27 during the school day.
We need a lot of volunteers to make this a success! Keep a look out for volunteer opportunities
What is the Walkathon?
The Walkathon is the largest Lietz Home and School Club fundraiser of the year. The financial generosity of our community, including parents, friends, family, neighbors, and local businesses, enables us to provide enrichment programs to our students that would otherwise not be possible.
Our wonderful enrichment programs include Art Vistas, Project Cornerstone, and so much more. Funding for these programs and so many others comes directly from donations. It costs about $200 per child each year to provide these additional enrichment programs and we are hoping to raise enough money to continue to fund all our wonderful programs.
This year, our goal is $200 for each student. Donations can be done online below. Alternatively, collection envelopes will be sent home with your student. Remember to check with your employer to see if they offer a corporate matching program!
Contributions using corporate programs (such as Benevity) as accepted and encouraged. If you do so, please send your donation receipt to email@example.com for your donation to count towards class incentive competitions.
Please note, only the contribution and not the corporate match will count toward the total amount raised for class incentive competitions.
Donations are tax deductible and can be performed easily using the links below.
Where does my money go?
Here is the breakdown of how a $200 donation is spent:
- $58 goes to funding the music program (by far our biggest budget). This pays for the music teacher (Ms. Malloy) that intervenes regularly inside the classroom, and with the teachers
- $27 goes as teacher reimbursements that they can use to pay for extra books, craft activities, supplies for the classroom, etc…
- $15 goes to field trips and school wide assemblies
- $15 goes to Art Vistas, Project Cornerstone, Create With Clay, and so many mor Enrichment Programs. They’re volunteer-led programs that happen inside the classroom with the teachers.
How do we meet our goal?
- Our fundraising goal is $200 for each student.
- A donation of any amount helps!
- Check with your workplace to see if they will match your donation.
- Ask friends, families and neighbors.
If you own a business or know someone that does, please consider being a Walkathon Sponsor. Being a sponsor is a fantastic tax-deductible opportunity to advertise your business while supporting enrichment programs and supporting our school community.
More details are available here. If you’re interested, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or return the form through the school.
This year we’re excited to announce several fun incentives for Walkathon:
- The 3 classes with the highest fundraising participation percentage (regardless of the amount)
- #1 classes will have a pizza party
- #2 and #3 classes will have an ice cream bar party
- 5th grade students who participate by raising a donation of any amount will be eligible for a drawing for a $100 credit toward science camp!
Please see below for volunteer opportunities. If you have any questions about the positions, please reach out to email@example.com.